Back to Basics


Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed with those normal adult things that we have to do in order to keep functioning in society. I was sitting at my desk wasting time as I do and bumped into one of my old YouTube videos where I was hauling a horde of books. Wait, what is a group of books called? A pack, a gaggle, a murder of books? A bountiful bunch of books? Anyway, I remembered how happy I was to just sit and read for hours and hours. I've been an avid reader since I was a child and have always been able to escape in the pages of a good book, but as I am ashamed to admit, it's probably been about two years since I have been able to sit down and enjoy reading. I have tried a few times and my mind would either wander or I would get distracted by something else and get frustrated with trying to finish. 

Well, I want to read a book and get back into regularly reading and occasionally reviewing books when I have the time. My brain feels slightly more like the consistency of mush from my lack of indulgence in one of my favorite pastimes. So, now the only question is what to read. I have a few books on my shelves that I haven't dug into, so I think I will just close my eyes and point and whichever one I point at I will read and report back to you, blog. I want to hold myself accountable somehow so I a putting it out here on the internet so that if I don't do it, well, I just might be embarrassed at the fact that I didn't do what I said I was going to do. 

The next time you hear from me, it should be about said book. :)

-Panders

0 comments:

Post a Comment